Google

Friday, August 2, 2024

Madness in the Desert Part 11--Bandits!

Too soon, it was time to return to the train and ride back to our hotel. Our club was perhaps a BIT more reserved on the ride back as we were a little tired from our excursions. We had more visitors--singers as well as the sheriff, but.....



This layout is based on a pin I saved. The paper I used is the Close To My Heart Dakota paper. I do like the pattern, but it was difficult to find. I think it was a specialty pack made for one of their conventions (just based on some of the layouts I've seen using it). I cut the title from the same paper using my Cricut. I outlined it in black a bit to give a little more contrast with the blue paper. There is an 8 1/2 x 11 pocket page slipped between the 2 pages of the layout (which didn't really matter as the right page isn't connected to the left significantly). Here is where I cut another piece from the park newsletter to augment the information about the bandits.

Our train was "attacked" by the bandits (who looked just like the characters from this morning's performance) who "demanded" that we fork over our valuables. Essentially this is the way they collect tips and it was sort of funny. I tried putting a dollar bill in my mouth for them to collect but they chose to just pluck it from my mouth (no stolen kisses--drat!) 



The back of the pocket stumped me for a bit but then I decided that it was a good place to store my Junior Ranger booklet (and you'll see more information on that as we get into the Covid years!) The right side page is simply wallpaper. When you use paper from one of the hobby stores, there is often a 1/2" strip that has the bar code printed so that the stores can scan the purchases. They have transitioned the opposite side of that to a decorative border. I placed that along the right edge to finish the page.

1 comment:

  1. Great layout! Remember you telling the story of this trip!

    ReplyDelete