Google

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Madness in the Desert Part 14--A Lot of Ash

 We were scheduled for a ranger talk so we all gathered at the Amphitheater. The ranger talked about how the volcano impacted life when it exploded over 1000 years ago. What most surprised me is how little vegetation has managed to find root in those years. When you think about how forests regrow after a fire, I had expected more trees and less ash. But the rocky terrain is the most prevalent feature here. 



I based this layout on an idea from Noreen Smith (Organized and Creative Mom). With her move to Creative Memories, her private website closed but you can still see the pin I saved here. The paper is from Creative Memories Adventure papers (2017). I had used a small bit on the right side of one of the mountain papers, but I really liked how that paper matched the park's setting, so I used it with a bit of "white space". The boot print border stickers were part of the pack, but the ranger, flat hat, and volcano came from a Junior Ranger sticker book I received as a gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment