Google

Friday, August 23, 2024

Madness in the Desert part 17--The Great Outdoors

Our group climbed back onto the bus and headed toward our next park. Along the way, we stopped at an overlook so we could see the valley. It was a great view and as I was looking around I found a rock with multiple colors of algae growing on it. I grabbed a photo of that, of course.



Although this is a single stop and one double layout, it's really 2 separate pages. The left page came from a sketch from the 2020 monthly class with Noreen Smith. I can't show you the sketch, but I turned what was to have been 4x4 photos on the right into 2 decorative boxes. I used larger square stickers from my camping stash and then cut a title sticker so that the words were evenly divided between the 2. The little tree was a nice touch too!

The right page is based on this pin I saved. Sometimes it's nice to keep a page very simple. I traced around a template to get my puffy border. Instead of hexagons, I used a few scraps of paper as diamonds in the lower right corner. I used the pale Spargo CM pages as a base so the blue and brown popped easily. I inked the white edges of the square. As it was blending into the background, the brown along the edges helped to make it stand out. You can use your CM pens for this, or any archival ink.

1 comment: