Google

Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Madness in the Desert Part 10--Hopi House

Our visit had 2 areas where Native Americans were highlighted. Hopi House was never a real home but was designed in the early 1900s to resemble traditional Pueblo-style buildings. Inside is a souvenir store, museum, and art gallery. It was a lovely place to explore especially as it was cooler indoors! Outside this structure was a small stage; later that afternoon I enjoyed some Native American music and dancing.



This layout was made for the Scrap Your Stash 2019 October class. It's a 1-2-3 from Noreen Smith but as it was a paid-for class I cannot show you the sketch. I always like it when paper stretches across the fold of a layout! Nothing brings the 2 sides together better! The paper I chose is from an older CM pack called "Fall In". Even though this page has nothing to do with "Fall" that paper worked for my design!

I made this layout 5 years ago and am trying to remember where the stickers came from, but I bought them to decorate this type of page. The title stickers are from a Club Scrap kit. The background of the sticker matched the long strips of paper near the bottom. I of course needed more letters to spell what I wanted. I turned a "3" upside down for the last "e" and then used a blank sticker to add the "H" for House. It's too bad I didn't have one in black.

No comments:

Post a Comment