Google

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Madness in the Desert Part 2--Getting My Kicks

 Few people realize that Route 66 is part of the National Park Service. In 1999 Congress passed an act which appointed the NPS as one of the administrators for preserving the legacy of the "Mother Road". You can read more about the NPS' influence here. My travels hadn't taken me near it, though my husband and I did enjoy watching Alton Brown travel along much of it and eating from local restaurants as he and his crew traveled. Parts of Route 66 do go through Arizona and one of the unusual structures we saw on a bus trip was this hot dog stand. Literally, you DRIVE THROUGH it! I only wish we had a chance to stop for a bite.



The design I focused on for this page was the journaling box. I had saved this pin from AC Moore. The luggage tag turned out to be just right for a journal box. As I had recently received Route 66 stickers, I was able to recreate it. Then all I had to do was mount my photos on black cardstock and arrange them on the page. The large Route 66 vinyl sticker was one I obtained on the trip as well. I think it was part of the goodie bag we received when we registered for the convention.

1 comment: