Google

Friday, June 28, 2024

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

It's time to feature the albums from the 2019 National Park Traveler's Club convention in Flagstaff Arizona. I created these albums shortly after I returned but only recently realized they had never been featured in the blog! So we'll be focusing on this for the next few months. The title is one of my husband's inventions. He likes to name our trips and because of the heat, this one became Madness in the Desert. He wasn't far off with that one as you'll see soon!



I turned to the Cricut to create this title page. As usual, I only realized I would need Volume 2 once I added so many pages to album one and realized there were many more to add. Once I decided on volume 2 I created the title page below (also on the Cricut).



I chose the same desert scene for the 2nd page though it was a bit smaller.  I also had the title "Desert" from a Cricut travel cartridge. I added the rest of the lettering from the Cricut fonts.


Here is the itinerary page. We did have travels outside of the National Park System, so you won't see every page of the albums. One highlight was traveling to  Tucson so Jim could tour the Boneyard of old Air Force planes. Below is one more photo I didn't know how to incorporate into a page but also seemed to summarize the "madness" component. When driving through Tucson there was road construction and I found it interesting that they gave conflicting advice on staying both left AND right at the same time!



These pages feature borders that  I made based on the CM blog. The left page is here. The only edit I made was the stickers in the 2nd circle. What I had left fit the border perfectly. The right page is here. Both borders were easy to put together. The itinerary is outlined using stickers from an older kit I had purchased. They are on foam dots and while that isn't my favorite adhesive, I generally leave them in place. I still have a few numbers and am still trying to figure out what to do with them since the earlier numbers were taken! Any ideas? Leave me a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment