Google

Friday, June 14, 2024

Up on the Hilltop

After the conference, I decided to visit another new park--the Frederick Douglass National Historic Site which was his home while in Washington DC. He wanted to look out over Washington and wanted a house high on a hill. He certainly found it! You can see that the view is wonderful. The visitor center is at the bottom of the hill, so fair warning--there is a climb involved in the visit. I was able to tour the home and you'll see a bit of that in the next blog. In this blog, I posed with his statue and the entrance sign.



I created this layout as part of the CM Virtual Crop for May 2024. This is sketch #1.  While I enjoy the quote at the top of the unigrid, when unfolded I loved the idea of showing the portrait of Douglass in its entirety. That took up most of one page so I concentrated on the right side (as I typically do) and found that the photos for the rest of the first 2 pages fit the sketch referenced above. I chose a light blue cardstock for the bases and used some of my remaining stash of Welcome Home. As I had one photo to add to the left, I mirrored the papers from the right page to provide some continuity between them. I thought the "Home" sticker provided a nice title for the layout. I'm fairly certain I use the laser-cut and sticker titles in ways CM never imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment