Google

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Madness in the Desert Part 4--How the West was Fun

 Our first event with the club was on Thursday. They had arranged a train ride from a nearby town up to the Grand Canyon. Though Jim and I had been there before, it seemed like it would be a great event so we bought tickets. We arrived early as I was tasked with handing out tickets to people as they arrived. We still had time to catch a bit of a Western cowboy show held near the train depot.It was very tongue in cheek but just because it's geared for children, don't think the adults didn't enjoy it as well! 



I based this layout on the pin that I saved. I doubled the layout for the 2-page spread. The wood papers were trimmed so that the scrapbook pages provided a natural border around them. The papers and stickers mostly came from the Dakota papers in the Close to My Heart kit but I added a few mats in blue bandana design.


After the show, it was time to board the train. But as we moved toward the train my eye was caught by the fun tombstones and the face cut-out characters. Those are some of my favorite photo ops and I insisted on stopping and getting some photos. I mean, how can you pass up the chance to be the engineer from Schoolhouse Rock?!?



This layout is basically wallpaper as the printed sheets didn't need much additional work. Don't look too closely though or you'll see that they weren't QUITE 12x12 and there are some gaps in the middle. The only other addition is a journal box I've had in my stash for a while. It seemed a great place to put something that colorful. The title was of course cut on the Cricut to preserve my sanity.

1 comment: