Google

Friday, July 12, 2024

Madness in the Desert part 5--All Aboard

We got in line to board. Our group had tickets for the same car near the front of the train. We didn't fill the car so I do feel bad for those non-NPTC members who joined us! We got a little raucous. 



This layout is based on a pin I saved. This is all cut on the Cricut. I had planned on a giant oval track but when I changed to a 2-page spread, I cut it in half and used it on the top and bottom of each page. I did like the train title. I also cut the railroad crossing sign for the bottom right. The newspaper title is from one of their newsletters. I chose to cut it up and use selected portions of it on my pages. I did mount it in a sleeve to protect the photos. You'll see more of it in another post. 

While on the train we had some visitors. First, a roving musician sang some songs and invited us to join in. Also, the sheriff came through to ensure we were safe from the "bandits". Our poor cabin steward (in the white shirt bottom left) didn't know what to do with us. On a normal trip when no one knows anyone else in the car it can be quiet. We were so loud she had to shout to get our attention and tell us what to do when pulling into the Grand Canyon station. 



This layout is based on another pin I saved featuring some older Creative Memories products. It's one of the most simple pages but it works quite well. I chose 2 colors of cardstock to match the photos--light blue and brown. Each item is matted and then clipped with the corner-rounder. It's a tool I used to use quite often but now is only pulled out on a special occasion.

1 comment:

  1. A great layout!! Story behind it really interesting.

    ReplyDelete