Google

Friday, April 12, 2024

Who Left the Light On?

My next trip was not until March 2019. Jim and I headed to Thomas Edison in New Jersey for a special event (you'll see that next week). We purchased our first NPS Parks Pass as we knew we would need it this summer for our convention trip, and there is a fee to enter Edison. While waiting for the event to begin we took a moment to go outside. I had not realized that Edison also started the motion picture industry. The large black building you see there is the Black Mariah film studio. Built on a track, it can rotate 360 degrees to capture the sun for natural lighting. He filmed acrobats, sneezes, and other day-to-day activities, but not much in the theatrical realm. I got my photo taken with the great man--or at least his statue.



This layout is part of a kit I got from Club Scrap. It's called Industrial Evolution (scroll to layout 3-4) and as soon as they released it I knew it would be perfect for many of my NPS trips. It has not only a historical feel but a touch of gears and industry. The left page was able to hold the brochure and a large postcard I bought which shows the many areas inside, as well as a pantograph of the exterior buildings. I then chose my outside photos and since there was a note about "turning on the light" I added the photo I took of an original Edison bulb--yes still burning all these years later. I normally would have waited and put that in the "room" where the photo was taken but I think it works even better here as an introduction to the space. The original journal box is under the postcard, but I was able to use the 2 small squares on the right for my journaling. You have to love how fast these pages come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment