Google

Monday, April 1, 2024

All That Glitters--No Foolin'

Happy April Fool's Day! It's time for a bonus post in my tradition of "No Foolin--it's another scrapbook layout!".

Another parlor (really, how many does one family need?) is again lavishly decorated and then overlaid with the trappings of Christmas. I had not seen the painted window screens before. I wish I could have gotten a photo of the full screen but you can see how beautiful they look with the light coming through them. This is a new rug since the last time I visited. 



This layout is based on Meggan and Tessa's May 2021 Power Hour layouts. I chose to use white for the background (which is getting to be a rare event for me). I chose gold foiled paper (from the gold and silver collection) and accented it with a little red to match the furniture in the photos. The journal box is SUPER OLD, and I'm glad I finally found a place to use it. One of the problems with black-ruled paper is journaling so it can be seen. I used a white gel pen (not CM I'm afraid) and recently had to replace mine. They last for years, luckily.


Moving upstairs we see the bedrooms. A lady's bedroom was a place not only to sleep but to meet with friends so there were tables with tea laid out. In the children's bedroom, we see one of their stockings hanging on the mantle (truly one of their stockings!) On the chest at the foot of the bed, you can see what would have been inside the stocking.



This layout is based on one of the CM Virtual Crops (October 2023). I didn't complete it in October so I didn't have to post it to the CM Blog. That's a good thing as the papers here are all from Paper Loft. Given the photos of the children's room, I thought the stocking border maker cartridge was the perfect choice for the top row. Between the print at the bottom and the prints in the photos I didn't need much in the way of embellishment but there are a few cut-apart pieces spread across the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment