Google

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Summer Fun

 Hello and welcome to a special edition of my blog. This month I'll be serving as a Guest Designer for Lasting Memories. That blog posts a weekly challenge and then encourages others to play along with drawings at the end of each month. This month's challenges are all Title challenges. This week the challenge was to use the phrase "Summer Fun".

This layout covers the NPTC convention meeting for 2017. When looking for photos to represent Summer Fun there were few better choices! These meetings are not only informative with great speakers and games but a chance to reconnect with fellow travelers and swap stories. We get LOUD when we get together and that's what I hope you see in this layout. This will publish on Sunday 7/25 and we'll be heading to our next event in DC this week (some of my friends are there already). I hope you get a chance to join us, you will not regret it!



I loosely based this layout on a sketch from a class I took. I mixed a couple of different paper packs because I needed yellow and blue to make it work. The yellow is from a pack called "Smitten" which may have been consultant only or free with purchase. It had a close shade of yellow (I really wanted something darker but I think it works). The blue is from Picture Perfect as are the film borders, star borders, and small embellishments. The Smile circle is from Fresh Fusion. I cut the title on the Cricut with cuts from an old CM Cartridge! The hardest part was figuring out the arrangement of photos. Once I figured out meeting on the left and friends on the right, it came together quickly. 

1 comment: