Google

Friday, July 9, 2021

On the Trail

Near the Quinault ranger station (which was closed during my visit) was a nature trail--two actually. One takes you to the Kestner homestead and the other is a nature trail. But if you go to the Kestner Homestead you can take part of the nature trail back, so I did both! The Kestner homestead only had outdoor exhibits of historic farm life. I'm not sure if they ever open the house but I don't think so as there wasn't a path to get to it easily.



This layout is a set of pages from a camping class I took with Paper Loft. I thought that the lantern decorations went well with the old-time farm look. Had I used this for camping there would have been more sayings and stickers put on the page but I left it undecorated purposefully.


My final layout for Olympic National Park features the trees seen along the nature trail. Many of them were marked with signs. Their height is impressive and difficult to demonstrate in photos. I thought the hanging moss a romantic touch to the vista as well.



You can tell I was getting to the end of a long scrapping session as the final pages didn't have as much work on them. These pages were purchased from Scrapbook.com, but are from the Scrapbook Customs line. I have purchased quite a few national park sets so you'll see more of these in the future. The only thing I had to add was a mat under one photo to keep it from blending in too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment