Google

Sunday, July 18, 2021

Love this View

 Hello and welcome to a special edition of my blog. This month I'll be serving as a Guest Designer for Lasting Memories. That blog posts a weekly challenge and then encourages others to play along with drawings at the end of each month. This month's challenges are all Title challenges. This week the challenge was to use the phrase "Love This View"

This layout features 2 photos I took as I started exploring the Blue Ridge Parkway. On my way, I passed this overlook called "Lover's Leap". Well, who could pass up a stop there? It was a beautiful day and the view of the valley, as well as the farther mountains, was spectacular. I entered the Blue Ridge Parkway and headed to Mabry's Mill. We'll explore this quaint village a bit more later, but this is my favorite photo that I took of the eponymous Mill.



Considering this is a mountain layout, it may surprise you to hear that this is the CM paper and embellishments from "Vitamin Sea". I wanted the blues and greens and was able to find a bunch of embellishments that were generic enough to create my clusters. The bottom border is perfect to carry out the theme of "view" and I was happy to see they weren't colored in like sunglasses. I cut small slits into the border between each pair of glasses so that I could bend them slightly and form the curve. It matches the curve of the title across the top. (The title was cut on the Cricut and I chose a font that would be puffy like clouds). All I needed then was the journal box which had the matching glasses in it and I was done! It took about an hour to make from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment