Google

Friday, July 30, 2021

The Stones are What Color?

One of the displays at the Flower Show featured Yellowstone National Park. They focused on the way that forests recover from fires with beautiful blooms of wildflowers. They also made a model of one of the hot pools (I think Crested Pool). It didn't shoot water but the colors were pretty amazing.



This layout is based on a bonus sketch from the Creative Memories January Virtual Crop. They don't post it on their blog, just in the Virtual Crop Facebook Group. I used two sheets of Secret Garden Fast to Fabulous pages which had a beautiful watercolor design embedded in the paper as the background. It matched the colors in the hot pool. I balanced that color with some scraps of brown and wood papers. A few embellishments from Secret Garden and it was almost done. I was given a packet of scrapbooking supplies years ago from a National Park Travelers Club Member. I finally got to cut them apart and use one as a title. It meant fussy-cutting, but I think it was worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment