Google

Friday, July 16, 2021

The Last Park Visit of the Year

My sister invited us to a New Year's Eve party at Mohegan Sun in the Poconos. We agreed and decided to head up early on the 31st, partly so that I could get in one more park visit. Steamtown was not that far away so we made a brief visit and took a ranger tour that included the workshop area. It was nice to be inside on such a cold day, though you can see we started outside at the roundhouse table.



I made the border on the top left page as part of a class I held for my CM business. The basic cuts could be morphed into a bunch of different borders but I really liked using the train version since I had this page coming up. With the border done all I needed to do was to pick 2 train pages from the CM Trains paper pack. There are some decorations/photos embedded in the papers but with enough blank space to add my photos and memorabilia.


The second layout features more of the workshop area. I loved being able to go beyond the "Unauthorized Personnel Keep Out" barrier.



The left page is a Fast-to-Fabulous page from the Gallivant collection. Since I had "wallpapered" the backside it was easy to incorporate into my album. The left border was printed on the page so I just added my photos and a few extra stickers. On the right, you can see that I added a 6x12 peekaboo pocket. In this photo it's covering up the right page, but without being too obstructive. 


Finally, you can see the right page and the inside of the peekaboo pocket.I pieced together photos to be able to show the entire engine. It was a unique experience to see it "naked". I never realized how many layers went into a structure like that.



The border on the right side was scraplifted from this Creative Memories blog post.  Because of the large photos and brochure, that's about all I needed. For the journaling box, I took a circular embellishment and cut it in half to frame the wording. I wish I had made it a little more even, but it didn't worry me at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment