Google

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Madness in the Desert Part 26--A Little Nutty

Sunday morning the club scheduled a Ranger Talk at the third of our host parks--Walnut Canyon. There was a bit of a line to get in that morning but we still had time to stop, along with several of our friends in the club, and get our sign photo. Jim braved the drive out (not much choice as we checked out of the hotel) and joined the group. I'm not sure he was feeling 100% just yet.



I made this layout during one of my Scrapbook Retreat weekends. I always provide a sketch challenge for the attendees, and this year it was directions to make this layout. The base page is a calendar page from CM. There is a 7x6 square grid pre-printed on the page. The directions provided the measurements for the blocks. You trim both the photos and the scrap pieces to the given measurements to assemble what looks like a mosaic. There are blank spots above and below so I added some sticker borders to fill the space. A few extra decorative stickers rounded out the page. I think this is the same pattern I used for the Great Western Loop title page and you can see the directions here.

1 comment: