Google

Friday, September 13, 2024

Madness in the Desert part 23--Guest Speakers

Our guest speakers included the local superintendent for the 3 Flagstaff parks, one of the rangers, and a Route 66 National Trust representative. I enjoyed all of their presentations. As I may have mentioned previously, the convention coincided with the 50th anniversary of the first landing on the moon. I was born just 6 days later and so it has always fascinated me. Our ranger talk included a discussion on how the astronauts prepared for that mission by using the rocky terrain at the parks to practice with their equipment.



Can you guess the method for this page? If you said "Wallpaper" you are correct! That Route 66 sign was the perfect art for our speakers. Adding the vinyl stickers we got from the Flagstaff parks rounded out the details of the talks. I journaled right on the page as well!

2 comments:

  1. Do you realize your due date was July 20?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd heard that! I guess the fascination came much later :)

      Delete