Google

Friday, September 6, 2024

Madness in the Desert part 21--Circle Time

Our group gathered in one of the ball courts for a ranger talk. I believe this is a reconstructed one as they were okay with us sitting along the edges. I had been up at the visitor center as people started gathering so I was able to get the top photo of everyone sitting around the edges. Once I joined everyone I could take some close-ups. Luckily we all share pictures and someone grabbed a shot of me sitting there too!



This is the reverse side of the Fast to Fabulous page shown earlier this week. There were still significant orange tones along the edge. The blue tones matched several of the shirts in the photos. The only thing I added to the page was the title in some small blue letters (that I believe I bought from Current many years ago) and some journaling. Fast to Fabulous indeed!


After the ranger talk, we had our group Junior Ranger ceremony back at the visitor center.



I print the groups as 8x10 size photos. I typically still trim a bit from the top and bottom but I need the width so that you can see all the faces. I'm 99% sure I followed a sketch for this but I can't find a copy of it. Still, it's pretty straightforward. If you calculate the triangle with a 6" side and bottom, the hypotenuse is about 8.4". Trimming the dark brown paper to that size square lets me rotate it to a diamond in the middle. The large photo then crosses that but you can still see the corners. When journaling on a dark color I like to use a white gel pen (not a chalk pen though--the letters get too thick). The Junior Ranger sticker is available from the visitor centers. I picked one up to use on this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment