Google

Friday, December 16, 2022

Is it a Loop or a Journey?

 Our next few months will follow the journey Jim and I took in the summer of 2017 to the NPTC convention in the Rocky Mountain Region (the host park is Mount Rushmore). Jim tends to name the big trips (you'll remember Connie's Northern Migration? That was his brainchild). And I really thought this one was called the Great Western Loop. But my notes and photo albums call it a Journey. So we'll pick one and use that as we move through the pages. 



For the kick-off page, I based this on an idea I pinned. It says Project Recipe, but it was created by a fellow consultant so it's not an authentic Project Recipe. It does use up a calendar page and I have a few of those in my stash to use up. I used scrap papers from the Scenic Route collection (and scraps are about all I have left!). I cut the squares as directed and arranged them so the colors were mixed across the page. The directions leave a couple of blocks open and I used those to handwrite the title and date. The top and bottom are filled with laser-cut borders from the pack. The top one reflects our long drive. The bottom was for all the farms we passed in the midwest. I hardly ever put more than a title on kick-off pages, but I had no idea how else to incorporate that unigrid for the Midwest. Even though this is a Rocky Mountain Region convention, we also saw sites in the Midwest so I decided to mount it to the page with a large memorabilia pocket.

The next 2 pages are, as usual, the itinerary of the trip. I had two other random photos of our flight out (doesn't Jim look cute?) that I wanted to include. I also mapped our route on Google Maps and took a screenshot that I printed on photo paper. 



The background pages are a fold-over technique. I taught a class one weekend where we made an entire pack of decorative papers into layouts by folding them in various ways and mounting them on cardstock. I wanted to use these 2 as they had the clouds and I thought it perfect for the flight photos. I added the borders across the top. Both are border-maker cartridges and given how much I travel, they are well-used. I thought the Journey of a Thousand Miles quote worked perfectly for this page. When mounting vellum, I use the CM Vellum adhesive. When you rub over the vellum to adhere it to the page, the adhesive disappears. A few more random travel stickers from my stash completed the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment