Google

Friday, December 9, 2022

End of the Line

Our tour stepped into an alley next to the courthouse--one I never realized existed! We heard stories of the free blacks who were entrepreneurs in the area. I took some time to marvel at the architecture of the courthouse but that wasn't a part of the tour's discussion.



This page is based on a CM Sketch from the August 2021 virtual crop. I did not include the circle in the upper right corner but did combine 2 sheets of paper and a border sticker to decorate the page. If you open the CM page you'll see that you can also take this sketch in a "fancier" direction if you want to. I used a very subdued palette as well as a touch on the page due to the theme.

We stopped at another cemetery. There were monuments to people extending over several hundred years. I enjoy cemetery art so photographed some of the monuments that really have nothing to do with the UGRR experience. 



This layout is from a sketch from another blogger that I follow--Cheryl Even. She makes sketches for her albums and posts them for others to use, so she's one of my inspirations. She also posts on the Scrapbook.com forums and I've followed her on there for a time. I turned the sketch so that the paper remnants (and this page is REALLY scrap booking) were across the top. I used a remnant of a sticker across the bottom and a few random sticker embellishments as well.

The last stop on our tour was most unusual--it was in the parking garage entryway. This building was originally a train depot and was a transition place for those moving on toward Canada on the UGRR.



This page is one half of a layout I made in a Paper Loft class. The kit had many mats included and we arranged them across the middle of the page. I thought the "Unexpected Directions" title was perfect given the odd location for the talk. The 2 blue squares on the right were to be for photos, but I chose to use them as journal boxes. Again, not much other decoration on the page given the theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment