Google

Friday, December 30, 2022

Great Western Journey Part 2--Home on the Range

The calvary barracks included the bunks, tack, and prep kitchen. They could house over a hundred soldiers at once in several different units. And look, they even have names on each set of equipment! That's doing your research!



This layout is part of a Western Kit I got from Club Scrap. Truthfully-it's 2 layouts. I mixed the pages together because I thought they fit the photos better. The left page above is the right page from layouts 7&8. The right page is the left page from layouts 1&2. So remember--it's your scrapbook. You can arrange the pages as you like!

On the grounds are numerous buildings where the fort personnel were housed. Some of the barracks are tumbling down. Even the wooden structures are reproductions as it was more likely that people came and took the wood for other houses in the area or just for firewood. But the big building on the left page below held a number of recreated rooms for officers. And of course, there is a home for wildlife.



This is a layout I made based on the October Power Hour by Meggan and Tessa. I used a combination of Mellow Meadows (the background), earthy (the strips), and a homey-type paper with a green and wood-grain look to it (I can't remember which kit). The top borders are some VERY old Close to My Heart stickers from their Dakota pack. I still have a few sheets of stickers though the papers are gone (which is a shame--I really liked that pack). The bottom strips are from a sheet I picked up that had the words of the song on it--each line with a different 1" border. I thought these 2 would be great for this layout though I am still determining how I'll finish using the words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment