Google

Thursday, April 1, 2021

No Fooling! Less than a day-trip

I figured I might as well continue the tradition of posting on April Fools day! Enjoy the bonus this week and come back for another layout tomorrow night!

On a Saturday in September 2015, I was near Valley Forge for a conference. Not one to waste an opportunity to refresh my stamps, I headed over after the conference and then drove through some of the park. It was a lovely day for the drive and I was able to get out and explore the various stops.



There are two images of my layout. I had JUST a bit more than would comfortably fit on a single-page spread and less than what I wanted for a 2-page layout. So I ended up using one of the CM 6x12 Peekaboo pockets to extend the page a bit.That allowed me to put the unigrid front and center and have a couple more photos at the back. 



The overall layout was based on the sketch for one of the virtual crops. I used some log paper from the Adventure pack as the base and a matching border sticker to tie the pocket back in. The base paper for the pocket is also from the Adventure pack and the brown plaids were plain enough to not create distraction or eye pain! The stickers of the soldier and drum are from the Eastern National scrapbook kit. The rest of the flowers and leaves came from a variety of packs and were most likely chosen because they were close at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment