Google

Friday, April 16, 2021

Taking the Dam Tour

When we were done with Walk 93, my sister and the rest of our merry band drove to the Johnstown area. (It was a Saturday and we could stop at Conzattis). We had lunch at Pappy's pizza just like when Lisa and I were little. Then we split and I headed to Saint Michael to take a Johnstown Flood tour. Having grown up a few miles from here you wouldn't think I would need to take a guided tour, and in fact, I did know many of the stories; but a part of the tour was inside the Clubhouse. While I passed it all the time, it has only recently been open for tours. But that's next week's story. Today I focus on the visitor center and the incredible diorama of flood debris hanging in the lobby above the theater entrance. If you haven't seen the movie, you should. I believe it won an Oscar for documentaries.



This layout is another Creative Memories Virtual Crop challenge. As you can see in the sketch, the bottom row is supposed to be 4 small photos. I liked it better with my stitched-together panorama. Since I had room I added a small mat from the Archiver's line (still using that up). The background paper is another from the Painted Harvest pack. The other papers are from a very old "Earthy" line from old CM. I inked the edges of the journal box to get it to stand out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment