Google

Friday, April 9, 2021

Walk 93 Part 2

This week we look at the fun side of my visit to Flight 93. Times with my sister are NEVER dull, and we were both excited to do this event together. Also joining us were her boyfriend Jason and her daughter Sierra. Jason has very long arms (he's tall) and so he is essentially a human selfie-stick.


This layout is from the Creative Memories Virtual Crop. I liked the technique on the right page where you make cuts along only half of a square and fold down the inside. It creates a border and allows you to use both sides of the paper at the same time. I used paper from the Creative Memories "Fresh Fusion Brights" pack. The red matched our shirts and the reverse side in green accented nicely (red and green are opposites on the color wheel and always look good together--even if it isn't Christmas). This was the weekend we got the mystery box and the double star punch was part of that kit. I used it to finish filling in some of the blank areas around the page. I liked the right side of the sketch where we created faux Polaroid photos. Cutting a mat longer than the photo by about an inch gives you that look. It also leaves a great space for journaling.


This layout focuses on the walk. Whenever I go to a National Park I always seem to find those like-minded passport devotees like myself and this walk was no exception. If you see the photo below where I'm talking to 2 people (lime and red hoodies), that was me touting the benefits of the National Park Travelers Club to potential members. Lisa found it amusing and took a photograph of it.



This layout is also from the CM Virtual Crop. Challenge 6 featured a card and a border. I used the border sketch to create toppers for these 2 pages. I used some papers that were close in color but are not exactly the same print for the background. All of the paper comes from a collection called "Painted Harvest" which is an older CM line. The fall tones matched the photos well. The borders include the Cable Chain border maker cartridge. Decorations are flowers that I have been gathering over the years. I tried to stick with the red colors to match the layout. I know flowers are not exactly what you expect for fall but I think they work well here.

2 comments:

  1. Great take using the smaller photos, thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories DT Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts, love how many you used! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges.

    ReplyDelete