Google

Friday, April 23, 2021

Inside the clubhouse

 The clubhouse tour is the biggest part of the reason I signed up for this event. I had been by it so often as a child and really wanted to see the inside. They have painted the outside but are still working on the inside. But I sort of like the run-down look. It really shows how much time has passed.



This layout is another from the CM Virtual Crop. I used several collections including Stitched Sentiments, Timeworn Textures, and Memoirs & Memories. They all had that worn look to them which complimented the photos well. The arcs in the corner are part of a 6" decorative punch. I made the punch, then cut out the center and used just the decorative edge in the corners. The rest of the embellishments were just some vintage-looking elements from my stash.

Part of the tour included an area where they put on small staged performances in period costumes. I hope I get the chance to see one sometime.



And this is another in the Virtual Crop challenges. The background paper is old CM from (I think) a "Vintage" paper pack. Though the other papers in the pack have some mid-century looks to them. But I wanted a soft background for the bold papers. The border on the right is a set of 2 Crystal Chain strips from the border maker system. The layering provides depth to the page with minimal extra weight. The images of the women playing sports and the couple dancing are from Paper Pizazz by Hot Off The Press. They have a booklet of paper-printed cutouts and I was happy to be able to use a few of them. They really bring the era to life for the layout.


No comments:

Post a Comment