Google

Friday, March 26, 2021

Along the Outer Banks

In August 2015 I started driving to the annual vacation spot in North Carolina. For this trip, I hugged the coast a bit more stopping in Manteo to see Fort Raleigh as well as refreshing my stamps at a couple of other nearby parks such as Cape Hatteras and Wright Brothers National Memorial. My Wright Brothers stop was so brief, all I got was a brochure and the stamps. I love the long drive by myself though I appear in fewer photos. The weather was great and I learned a lot on the trip.



This page commemorates my stops at 3 different parks. The borders were copied from this Pinterest item. It uses the Cool Serenity papers that I had handy from my White Sands pages. I intentionally made the wave borders going in opposite directions. I think it adds visual interest that way. The middle of the page uses some stickers I had purchased in the Atlantic Beach area years ago. The large square cut in half brings the 2 sides together. The stickers luckily had the same tones as the CM paper and stickers so you don't really notice they are from 2 packs. After I photographed this layout I realized that I had printed the lighthouse in 2 sizes so I switched to a 5x7 photo with less mat showing. 

My stop was designed to pick up a new park: Fort Raleigh. Not only did I get to see the park sites but I stayed for their outdoor performance of the Lost Colony (including a back-stage tour!). I recommend seeing that play if you have time and are in the area. The visitor center has a lot of great dioramas and interactive displays as well. A nice day-long visit.



My next layout is based off a layout I saved from the original Creative Memories blog. You can see it on my Pinterest page here. I turned the page 90-degrees to accommodate my horizontal photos. I dug out my corner rounder for this layout as well. I used to use that on every photo originally but now it's just for special occasions. I used up some of the old CM Cottage paper and stickers for this one. Using patterned paper for some blocks meant that I didn't need a ton of photos. I also used them as journaling boxes and a place for title stickers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment