Google

Friday, March 19, 2021

Out of the fire

My last layout for the Meetup trip is of the final steps pouring the molten iron and revealing the finished product. We were a few rows back in the audience so it was hard to get good shots of the craftsmen pouring the liquid metal. They make very small batches now. I'm sure when the furnace was in full production the cauldrons were much larger. 



This layout is based on a free sketch I got from Club Scrap. Due to COVID 19, the Lancaster Scrapbook Convention was transitioned to virtual. We were sent to this website for the directions (there's a video as well) but we had to supply our own papers. I chose a piece of textured paper that looked like rusted metal from the Creative Memories Timeworn paper pack. I added a sheet of cardstock called "Copper". I was hoping it was a shimmery paper but it ended up just looking dull green. If you look at the website, the sample pages have a LOT more photos, even putting small photos in the four squares across the top right page. I didn't have many photos left of the day so I spread them around and filled some of the remaining blocks with stickers and journal boxes. The frame around the 4x4 photo on the left page is from the Memoirs and Memories embellishment kit.


No comments:

Post a Comment