Google

Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy Trails Part 17--San Elizario Law

First let me say HAPPY NEW YEAR! I've enjoyed the process of posting and describing my pages and I hope you have enjoyed the posts. Let me know if you want to see anything new this year or any way to improve the blog!


Now, back to San Elizario. There are still historic buildings in the town though many have been repurposed. The outsides still show the traditional stucco and wooden porticos. I apparently like to photograph the tunnel-like passageways. I didn't realize how many of them I had taken until I put this page together!



I based this layout on a sketch from my year-long scrapbook class. In March we were challenged to use banners on our pages and this certainly takes advantage of that challenge! I used up some older paper for the banners. The borders on top were left from a ranch/farm pack from Club Scrap. A couple of stickers on the first banner and some journaling was all that was needed to finalize this one.


One of the more intriguing stops in town is the old jail. This has been kept as a museum not because of who was confined here, but because one of those prisoners was sprung by Billy the Kid. If you ever are in the area, I do recommend stopping by for a few minutes to take it all in.



My pages were based on this layout on Pinterest. It enabled me to use up a bunch of scrap pieces. Everything is in the same brown-ish tones. The frame on the upper right is also a left-over from a project that I worked on. I originally thought I would use three of those frames on one page but they were too big. So I held on to this one and with a little cropping of the corners, it filled in nicely on the page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment