Google

Friday, January 22, 2021

Happy Trails part 20--the Convention!

The convention starts with registration. One of the most important tables to stop by is the stamping station. The club creates its own stamp, plus an iconic stamper for the park. We add those to the park's commonly used stamps and the tables get BUSY! I snapped a few folks in their stampmania. It's always interesting to see how everyone does their collecting--some take multiple images on one page, some have multiple books, some want specific impressions. There's no wrong way to stamp though.



This layout was created at a Paper Loft class at a Lancaster scrapbook convention. It had been in my stash a while, and I had to move the banners on the right page because my cat had found the edge delicious (there were tooth marks left in the paper!). I added a few strips of paper (the pine cone strips are leftover from a paper in the Eastern National scrap kit) and some Cricut cuts of the rubber stamp. A couple of stickers from the Junior Ranger sticker pack and a passport sticker (not what we usually use, but it was blue and said passport so I went with it) and the page was complete.


You may think the pages don't quite lie next to each other. I had to take 2 photos and stitch them because between them is a pocket page holding my copy of the program from the day. I grabbed a couple of photos during the convention. One of our speakers was the superintendent and I found a photo of her from outdoors to include. On the right are photos with several club members (including me) with the park's mascot--Chami the Chipmunk.



This layout is from Club Scrap's National Park kit. Scroll down to pages 7 and 8 to see it without photos. I spent a day putting a bunch of these layouts together and was excited to be able to use them. I bought a few sheets of paper from the club as part of a clearance sale. Later, I had scoured the eBay and Facebook group postings and bought some leftover packs of paper as well--enough for me to put together the layouts, cards, and even a few extra pages not included in the original instruction pages. Because my first layouts were made before I realized the cutting guides were on their website, I had to make a few edits to which embellishments were placed on each page. But, they work for me! Especially the quote about laughing).

The final pages of the convention take us from the break (and the fabulous cake the club was able to get) through the President's dinner and a quick shot of one of our members who joined us at a Karaoke bar after dinner. The group photos were taken by multiple people so I'm sort of standing to the side instead of in front of the group. (Also why you won't find me in the photos!) 



The final pages are another pre-designed layout. This set was completed at a local scrapbook store. When I lived near Harrisburg I would drive to the store once a month to complete a layout. I have to admit I never knew what I was going to use this one for. "Sippin on Sunshine" and lemons didn't seem to apply to any of my usual summer photos. But I decided that I would pull it for the break/dinner photos and it doesn't "wow" me, but the pages are completed. And the lesson of this set of posts is that it is GREAT to take time to put page layouts together in anticipation of using them. But at some point, please remember to take them out and put photos on them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment