Google

Friday, January 8, 2021

Happy Trails Part 18--San Elizario chapel

 My last stop in San Elizario was to the chapel. I couldn't go inside but I had picked up a photo/postcard in one of the gift shops so I could show the detail. The chapel is still in use and has a lovely mission style facade. 



I based this layout on a sketch but also wanted to use it for a challenge in my summer camp class. Our challenge was to use texture. The bottom strips are paper that has a textured look to them, but to up the ante a bit I also decided to add some 3D materials. I had some jute string and tied several knots along its length. Then I tied the ends together to make a loop and pasted it to the page. I drew a small cross (it's in the bottom left if you look closely) and is to simulate an old-fashioned rosary.

No comments:

Post a Comment