Google

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Snakes, why does it always have to be snakes?

Wow! This is Post #400 for my blog! Thanks to those who've stayed with me all these years. I hope you enjoyed my pages.


The next morning I headed back to the Everglades. I wanted to take an Airboat Tour. The NPS had its own tour but stopped offering tours after damage from a hurricane. Three concessionaires still offer them and they are all authorized by the NPS so to me, it is a valid option for touring. All three are along the same road heading toward the park and I chose this one because it was the first in line! 😁 I purchased my ticket but still had some time to kill before loading and they suggested the pre-cruise entertainment of a wildlife demonstration. The pseudo-ranger was handling a variety of snakes and other nasty things. There is an alligator locked up as well. It was a bit sad knowing that these animals were being handled as toys rather than the beautiful lifeforms they are. 



I based this layout on another of the 101 Sketches book (page 51). I used an older pack of CM papers called Vitamin Sea. I looked through all of my tropical and beach packs and liked how the background paper reflected the thatched hut look of the performance area.  The top border is a laser cut from the theme pack. The bottom border is a set of punched circles that I cut in half. The full circle title sticker works perfectly with those and pops given that it's a full circle. The snakes are from a pack I bought years ago. If you remember my odd wanderings in Greeley Colorado where I found a rattlesnake dress, this uses up the snakes I bought for that page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment