Google

Friday, January 12, 2024

Following Their Footsteps

Jim and I reached the beach! It's not a popular spot for sunbathing so there were many pristine areas. I found a few different sets of animal tracks in the sand. We had the option to do a "loop" for the return trip and we did. Along the way, we saw some interesting trees or perhaps it's early driftwood?



This layout uses paper from Sweet Summer and a sketch from the CM 101 Sketches book (a promo from earlier this year). I can't show you the sketch, but if you have the book it is on page 45. You can see from the photo below that there is an 8 1/2 x 11 pocket page between the 2 pages of the layout. While I used the same background pages, the topics were slightly different, so I didn't mind separating them. The wavy borders are one laser-cut piece that I snipped to the length of the column. The seashells are a border punch from CM. I punched them on ivory-toned paper and then inked them with a bit of brown ink on a dauber to give them some texture. The stickers on the pocket page are from the Eastern National scrapbook kit

While there I took time to complete the Junior Ranger book. Below is a photo of me being sworn in by the rangers.



Because the background paper was so scenic, I chose only to add a couple of stickers from the Junior Ranger sticker book (available at most national park gift stores). The reason I needed the pocket page was the size of the junior ranger book and certificate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment