Google

Friday, January 19, 2024

Anhinga Trail with no Anhingas

 My next stop was the Royal Palm Visitor Center. I wanted to walk the Anhinga Trail here as it is well known for viewing wildlife. Strangely I didn't see any of the birds for which the trail is named! I did have to stop and think about parking there after seeing the vulture warning sign (no damage to the car this time luckily). The trail is lovely, fully paved, and not terribly long (a little less than a mile). I do recommend it. Even though one of my first sights was a gator in the pond area at the head of the trail! (That's a zoomed-in image--I did NOT get close to any).



I returned to the 101 Sketches book for this layout (page 105). I chose the paper collection called Serene Waters. This not only has regular paper and stickers but some vellum paper as well. I chose 2 printed pages for the background and then layered the striped vellum on top for the left and right edges. I wanted to mimic the water flowing across the grasses. The top borders are laser-cut borders. I bought 2 packs so that I could mirror them across double-page layouts. Something to consider when you add them to your shopping cart!

No comments:

Post a Comment