Google

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Alligator Alley

I left the Corrigan beach party as I needed to head to Florida for a conference with the Health Professions Network. I had a couple of extra days, so I flew down early and visited some national parks. My first stop was The Everglades. I learned that this park is NOT a swamp as many would have you believe. The water source is continually moving and is in fact one of the slowest-moving and widest rivers anywhere. I learned a lot about the park at the Ernest Coe visitor center. There was a movie as well as a set of displays in the visitor center. I also joined a ranger as he walked around the porch with us pointing out some of the flora and fauna of the area. And that's where I saw my first alligator! (He's by the tree on the left page photo).



For these 2 pages, I returned to wallpaper as a technique. As I sometimes do, I started with the right-hand page. That is one of the Scrapbook Customs papers that I bought (I think I have at least 30 parks represented in my stash). I like that one of my photos from the porch was similar to the background of the paper so that went in the "sky" section of the paper. Because I wanted to keep the Everglades sign I only had enough room for a journal box. For the left page, I needed a place to display the unigrid. CM had recently released some travel pages and Florida was among them. This page with the outline of the state in the corner matched well with the Scrapbook Customs page and I was able to add a few more photos. The alligator embellishment was from the CM pack but the title, camera, and wildlife stickers were from the coordinating Scrapbook Customs sticker pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment