Google

Friday, May 7, 2021

Not THOSE Olympics!

 It's time to hear about my trip to the Olympic Peninsula in October of 2015. I had been to Seattle for an HPN conference and then drove my way around this MASSIVE park. I started with the main visitor center in Port Angeles and this week (and next week) will focus on sights here. Olympic encompasses a variety of zones from seacoast to rain forest to high mountains. I got a taste of it all but I definitely need a return trip. I think I could easily spend a couple of weeks here!



The impetus for this layout was a Summer Camp scrap class I was taking in August 2020. The topic was to use "Negative Space" meaning use the absence of paper to frame photos. Though unusual, it was a nice way to use up a scrap of paper with a big hole in it! The paper is part of a Creative Memories nature line (I think Adventure) and the green was a nice background for the brown of the "cabin". A variety of stickers helped anchor the elements to the page. Notice, it's just one photo! But the unigrid and the postcard fill in for other main elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment