Google

Friday, May 28, 2021

A Hurricane in the Mountains?

My next stop in Olympic National Park was to drive to Hurricane Ridge. I'm not sure why it's such an accomplishment to drive up--I can think of 2 or 3 worse drives I've done in national parks. But since they had a certificate, I was willing to buy it! The ridge provides a magnificent view of the mountains and is definitely worth a visit.



The layout is broken up a little by including the certificate, but the left page that you see above and the right page that is below are from a sketch from my 2019 Scrap Your Stash class. For that reason, I cannot show the sketch but you can see how I used more of the Adventure paper pack to stretch across the layout. I used patterned paper as a background. Choosing a small print works similarly to cardstock or base pages but with less weight than cardstock.


The view was quite amazing and the air quality was pretty good so I could see many of the peaks described on the infographic signs along the patio.



Using the 8 1/2 x 11 certificate holder gave me a little more real estate for photos. I matted 2 more scenic views on matching scrap paper and added a border sticker. One crop that I went to had a table full of scrapbook supplies someone donated and I found a sheet of stickers specifically for Olympic National Park! I held onto them until I made these pages. The large mountain border is from that sheet and was the perfect addition to the layout.


And yet, even with the 2 extra spots on the back, I still had MORE scenic photos! These didn't exactly match for me to create a panorama but on the other hand--they went well enough next to each other to try.



My other favorite way of adding photos is to use the CM Peekaboo pockets. And that's what you see above. By attaching it to the page, I can get 2 more photos to "Flip" open. And it really did help with the panorama look I was going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment