Google

Friday, May 14, 2021

The Old Tree

Continuing with my visit to the Port Angeles Visitor center, I was taken with a cross-section of a very large, very old tree. It was my first taste of how massive trees get in this area. You can see the full shot on the left page and then close-ups of the various arrows indicating historical events such as Columbus' landing in America.



For these photos, I turned to the June 2020 1-2-3 sketch from Noreen Smith (Organized and Creative Mom). I used more of the Adventure pack. Again, with all the brown in the photos, I wanted some green as the base color. The park sign on the top left is fussy-cut from the Eastern National 8 1/2 x 11 papers. I'm not sure where the tree journaling box came from (though I suspect Paper Loft). A handful of stickers finalized the page. The log stickers on the left fill up a gap where I had cut the photo before deciding on the layout. I've sort of stopped cutting photos until I decide on what sketch I'm following. Sometimes I'll leave a photo larger even though I had planned to cut it down.


No comments:

Post a Comment