Google

Friday, October 2, 2020

Happy Trails Part 4--The Farm Museum

 My next stop for an El Camino Real stamp was the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum. This is a huge place with lots of interesting displays and we'll take the next month to go through it a bit at a time. Even though only one part deals with the El Camino Real, the rest is rather interesting.


The layout is another challenge from the Creative Memories Virtual Crop. You can see the blog post here. I chose a background paper from the Rustic Manor pack which has a photo of a barn door. I was able to keep the image present even though I added photos and other embellishments. One of the elements of the sketch is the set of mats under the photos. I chose a rather neutral color, but to give a little more definition, I punched the edges with one of the CM Border Maker System punches. It's called "Garland" and is one that leaves a stencil rather than cut shapes (as you saw in last week's page). I had a couple of cow stickers and die cuts and used some brown cardstock to set off the rest of the elements. The one thing that looks out of place is the sticker I wore for admission. I preserved that and wanted to add it to the page. Although the color is off, it does belong there.




I added this photo just to show you why this is a one-page layout for such a large museum. I wanted to include the Museum Guide in one of the Pocket Pages. The back of the pocket became the left page for the next layout. You'll see that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment