Google

Friday, September 25, 2020

Happy Trails Part 3--Crossing the Border

Friday morning, I continued my tour of the El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro. One of my first stops was just across the border of New Mexico at their Welcome Center. I was able to get a photo of the state welcome sign as well as information on the trail.



This layout is based on a sketch from the Creative Memories Virtual Crop. You can see it in this blog post. I used a piece of paper from the new Automobiles paper as well as some matching embellishments. There are really only 2 photos on this page. I liked that I could make everything fit the shapes to create the layout. The two right boxes are filled with paragraphs about the trail cut from a brochure. The bottom left box is a sticker from the collection mounted on 2 sheets of coordinating cardstock. I rounded the edges of the light tan cardstock to match the sticker. The middle bottom then became my journaling box. The top border is a pair of older cartridges from the CM Border Maker System. The bottom is the very early cartridge called Scallop Stitch. On top is the Rainbow punch. Both are doubled and meet in the middle to create one large border. To me, it looked like wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment