Google

Friday, September 4, 2020

First to Stamp!

In June, the National Park Travelers Club was notified that a new stamp had been made and placed in Wrightsville, York County. That's near my house! So in early July, I decided I would take a drive to locate the stamp and made a stop on my way home from work. I was the VERY FIRST PERSON to use the stamper. I even helped the folks to set the date wheel. Unfortunately, the ink pad was quite wet and it took a while to get a decent impression, I doubt the docent really understood why I wanted my photo taken of me stamping but she complied. The home is part of the Captain John Smith Chesapeake National Historic Trail--a water-based trail that commemorates Captain Smith's explorations in the early 1600s. I'll need to return eventually as the site was open,  but no tours were scheduled until the next day.


This is the left page of a 2-page spread. The base of which is a layout I made at a Paper Loft class during one of the Lancaster Scrapbook Conventions. It was the July 4th weekend and the combination of the red and blue papers gave it not only a patriotic touch but also had a nice historic rustic look that worked on this page. The following page is about our dinner cooking on the fire pit so I didn't photograph that half of the layout. I like having pre-made pages ready to go. It can make for fast page completion. Notice that there are 2 vertical 4x6 photo mats. I don't always allow that to determine how I layout the photos. I just consider them part of the background and use it as I would any other component.

No comments:

Post a Comment