Google

Friday, September 11, 2020

Happy Trails Part 1--NPTC Convention 2015 Album kick-offs

This album was made chronologically--a first for me I think! Most of my large trip albums are completed soon after I arrive home. That's because I like to have them completed for the next convention. When I'm in driving range, I bring my scrapbook albums with me to share. If you've not been to one of the NPTC Conventions, it's a weekend of excitement and friendship. Our next one is in July/August 2021 in Washington DC. Join us! I'll be bringing quite a few completed albums with me.

For this convention, we traveled to El Paso, Texas to visit Chamizal National Memorial. You'll get to see that park, but it will be a while! Here I'm showing off the album kick-off page and the itinerary page.I had to come up with a title for this trip. Jim had not given me one before I left. Perhaps because this was to be a short weekend getaway. But I packed a LOT into it as you'll see in the coming weeks.

My inspiration for the title page came from this Pinterest post. What I got from that was the overall color scheme and the travel shapes. I transitioned that to a Fast to Fabulous page that had a great deal of open space but with a good brown tone print. I added some stickers to the bottom and upper right corner and then cut the title on the Cricut. This is 3 layers of color together and the black is cut strategically to show the yellow and orange papers through. I'm not completely sure I did it all correctly (cutting and layering) but decided to keep the title and not cut a new one. 

My itinerary shows that this was a quick trip--Friday through Monday. But look at how many events per day.

This page was inspired by this layout. At one time I did have a journal box/mat like the inspiration page. However, I must have used it because it wasn't in my stash that I could see. So I used the CM Custom Cutting System rectangles to cut the red cardstock and map paper for the base of the die-cut. The car and driver were both cuts on the Cricut, as was the Texas shape title box. I put long border stickers with a western theme on the left and right pages. I guess I thought that my itinerary would not take much space. But then I started journaling at the top and just barely got it all on the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment