Google

Friday, October 9, 2020

Happy Trails part 5--On the Trail of History

The next layout is still at the Farm and Ranch Museum. This is the display that pertains directly to the El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro. This display features ANOTHER cart used on the road--kind of amazing how many were found! To add to the display, the back wall was painted with a mural of everyday life. 



As I mentioned last week, the left page is the backside of a pocket page (the front holding the museum brochure). The layout is based on a sketch for the June 2020 virtual crop for Creative Memories. You can see the blog post here. While many people turned the 3 elements on the sides to small photos, I knew that I had to downsize the layout because of the size of the left page. So I chose to go with stacked circles (chosen because of the background paper). That left the middle for photos (and I never feel like I HAVE to use a vertical where they put a vertical place holder). The edges are a border maker basketweave. I thought based on the activities in the mural that it would be a good match.

No comments:

Post a Comment