Google

Friday, October 23, 2020

Happy Trails part 7--On the Wagon

The museum moved into more recent history and featured a display of chuckwagon cooking. I used to watch competitions on TV among historic chuckwagons, so this caught my interest. 


This paper pack is S'mores and it worked perfectly to generate the rustic feel. I especially like the starry night paper as a background. I followed the sketch for the CM virtual crop again. The idea behind this layout was to create a border across the top. I did that by layering 3 different papers (the gingham, the blue speckle, and a red bandana paper) and then using the campfire punch to balance the edges. I cut the flames in both orange and yellow to create a more realistic flame. The title is from the S'more's theme pack. The wagon and the cowboy boot and hat on the journaling box are from some very old Day at the Ranch stickers from Creative Memories.


Below is a close-up of some of the vintage cookware on display and another old chuck wagon. 



I used a peekaboo pocket to add the last 2 photos without making a 2-page spread. I have a lot of ground to cover in this museum and wanted to save a little space.

No comments:

Post a Comment