Google

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Wheeling along

In April 2019 I headed to Cincinnati for a Health Professions Network conference. I left work in the evening so got as far as Pittsburgh before stopping for the night. The next morning I made a quick stop in Wheeling for some park stamps in the Wheeling National Heritage Area. The visitor center has some stamps and the artisan center across the street has more. I couldn't stay long enough to see the Artisan Center but to make this more than a "stamp and run" I walked down to the river to see this historic bridge. It was the first bridge to cross the Ohio River and at one point the largest suspension bridge in the world. When the pioneers arrived at this point they had to ferry or wade across. A bridge allowed for faster and easier travel. I enjoyed walking down, standing under the bridge, and looking up through the mesh grates.



I based this layout on one of Meggan and Tessa's Power Hours (December 2021). I chose to use just the right side of the layout as I had created an itinerary of the trip on the left. I used papers from the Wanderlust collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment