Google

Friday, May 10, 2024

A Pop Of Pink

I finished my conference time in Cincinnati, and since I was in town I decided to refresh my stamps at Taft. I didn't take the tour but I did watch the video in the visitor center. I was early (the visitor center hadn't opened yet) so I wandered the grounds. Luckily the timing was right for me to see a cherry tree with lovely blossoms. I hadn't known that it was his wife who helped bring the cherry trees to the tidal basin in DC. 



I based this layout on a CM Virtual Crop challenge from March 2022. The sketch linked back to a layout that CM had posted and the bonus of that is the original page had measurements. Not that I HAVE to have measurements when I put layouts together, but I don't know that I would have noticed the use of the petals along the bottom where the banners are featured on the sketch. And those petals are things I wanted to use out of my stash (as I really don't do many floral pages). The original page uses yellow from the Botanical Burst collection. I chose the pink for the cherry trees. The papers are not exactly the same designs but I think I chose the ones that worked best for the layout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment