Google

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

The Fabric of Time

After touring the home, I drove to a local museum that was holding a special exhibit. They had asked quilters to create pieces commemorating the life of Charles Young. The creations were fantastic and covered all periods of his life. I was surprised to see that one quilter even focused on his wife. The medal you see below was also on display. It was presented from the country of Liberia (where he later died) to honor his work on civil rights.



I recently watched one of the Fast and Fun episodes that Noreen Smith hosts for Creative Memories. In it, she showed a technique for creating the edges of this layout and showed how it could be made as a 1-page or 2-page layout. I chose the 2-page layout as the design was perfect for a page about quilts. I continued using the Our Moments paper. Believe it or not, this layout is from just one sheet of double-sided paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment