Google

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Christmas Spirit

I moved into a larger hall, which may have been the original entry hall. From here there were entrances to various rooms and access to the upstairs. The period-appropriate decorations were wonderful but I also enjoyed the standard adornments such as chandeliers, curtain tie-backs, and the paintings. I was interested to see that the park had provided a harpist for the event and she played almost directly under the portrait of one of the daughters with her harp. There were costumed docents in period costumes as well.



This layout is another double-use. I created this as part of Tammy McEwen's end-of-year challenge, but it was also part of the February 2023 Virtual Crop Challenges (scroll to challenge 4). It looks totally different than the layout I made for that event. If you don't recall it, check out this layout from my Dayton trip. This layout uses some very old CM materials. The tan border across the bottom is a decorative 12" paper strip that I cut in half (so that I had enough for both pages). the green papers use up more of the Reminisce papers. The remaining stickers are from a matching pack that coordinated with the 12" tan strip. I used cranberry cardstock for the base to pick up the red in the photos. I added a couple of pink mats for the larger photos to make them pop a bit as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment