Google

Friday, March 22, 2024

An Old Fashioned Christmas

My next trip was in December 2018. I drove down to Hampton NHS for their annual holiday event. This house was a plantation in the early 1800s and they decorated the entire house in period style. I toured the house, grounds, and farm areas during this visit. I've been here before but never got a look at the outside pieces. I think you will find the next few weeks enlightening.



This layout uses up some very old CM Reminisce papers and stickers. Since there wasn't much, I chose just a decorative border, some mats, and a couple of rectangles to host a sticker cluster. The evergreen laser-cut border was from a different collection called Christmas Past. I cut it up to spread it around the page. The tag in the bottom right is one that I made YEARS ago so I was happy to get to use it. In fact, I think I rather based the rest of the layout on the need to use that particular embellishment. 😃



It took me a while to balance the photos from this particular part of the tour. I didn't want to make a second layout but didn't want to get rid of the photos either. So I chose a 6x12 peekaboo pocket. This is the front side with 2 vertical photos. I used paper from the same pack as the embellishments above to create thin borders.



This is the back of the pocket. With 3 horizontal photos, there is no need for paper or embellishments.

1 comment: