Google

Friday, March 15, 2024

Seek and Ye Shall Find

Sandy Hook Lighthouse was the last stop on the challenge. As this is a common occurrence, the crew handling the challenge materials were prepared and I was celebrated on completing the journey with cheers, bells, and horns. AND I was given my final card that completes the deck (well, it was, now that card is part of the layout below!) It was here that I met up with a couple from the NPTC--Karen and Tom Osterhout. I was there to witness Karen's completion of the Junior Ranger program and we walked about the site together.



I made this layout as part of a Cricut class I took from one of my Facebook groups. I didn't follow instructions well so I didn't have the cuts done before the class started so I was behind the entire time. But they sent the directions with both cut files for the lighthouses AND print-then-cut files. I started with the print-then cut files and couldn't figure out why we were also assembling cut-out versions. Turns out it was to be my choice--I didn't need both. Ah well, that provided me with a supply of embellishments that I've been able to sprinkle throughout this album. When it came to assembling the page I had some difficulty trimming my photos to fit the small squares in the filmstrip so I left a few empty and used them for journaling and embellishments. This ensured that people would see the concept. The few stickers on the page are using up more of the old NSD kit. It's ALMOST done.

No comments:

Post a Comment